Educational Action Plan
Congratulations on choosing your major! You are now ready to create an educational action plan.
How Do I Get There?
Creating an educational action plan involves determining the requirements for your degree or certificate and creating a program plan, including a transfer plan, if necessary. Use these guidelines to chart your course and successfully meet your educational goals.
- Complete and submit a change of major form, if needed. Forms can be found and turned in to the student success center, SC, 2nd floor.
- Meet with a counselor to determine the course requirements for your chosen degree or certificate program at JCCC. Chart your educational plan, and plan your next semester of study.
- If you are planning to transfer, speak to a counselor or research colleges and universities.
- A successful transfer involves careful planning and takes time to develop. For information on transferring to a four-year school visit Transfer Information and Services or meet with a JCCC counselor who can help you through the process. You will eventually want to schedule an appointment with a four-year advisor at the college or university you select, visit their campus, and submit an application in a timely manner.
- Use DegreeCheck to determine if you are on track for graduation - see what you've successfully completed and what classes remain to reach your goal.
- Submit your application for graduation form based on when you plan to complete your course work. This initiates an official audit of your degree requirements.
- If JCCC is your final destination, visit the career development center for assistance with your job search.
- If transferring to a four-year college or university, request that your final transcript be sent to the transfer school.