Choose to Reuse
Steps to a greener everything ...
Dining Services promotes sustainability on campus. We have developed a plan to help make sustainability an easy and affordable way to purchase, discard and recycle food-related products to help our environment.
It's Green and ...
Purchase a greenie container on your visit to the cafeteria one time.
Choose to reuse your container each time you visit Dining Services by following these easy steps:
1. Bring your carabiner with you to the cafeteria each time.
Your carabiner is your proof of purchase as a member of the Choose to Reuse Program.
Attach it to your backpack, belt or purse or keychain.
2. Pick up a clean greenie container at the cafeteria entrance.
Whether it is soup, salad bar or hot bar items, the greenie containers will accommodate all of our items in Dining Services.
3. Select your food choice to insert in your greenie container.
4. Proceed to the cashier with your food selection and show your carabiner.
Since you have already purchased your greenie container, you will just need to pay for your current food selection.
5. After eating your meal with us, place your greenie container in the food tubs above the trash/recycle stations as shown.