Your Responsibilities While Using the Student Lounge
The Student Lounge is for the enjoyment of students, faculty and staff. As a patron, you are expected to act in a manner respectful of the rights of others to comfortably use the Student Lounge.
As a patron, you have the right to the following:
- Use the Student Lounge without undue disturbance.
- Expect that others will respect personal belongings.
- Use the lounge in a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- Be free from fear of intimidation, physical, and emotional harm.
- Have one’s opinions given the same respect and consideration that other people’s opinions are given.
- Be independent. The right to have one’s needs be as important as those of other people.
- Expect that any and all disagreements will be discussed in an atmosphere of openness and mutual respect, and that it is acceptable, to involve a Student Engagement Ambassador in such discussion.
It is your responsibility to for the following while using the lounge:
- Treat the Student Lounge with respect as it is a shared space for all students.
- Understand that the resources available (TV, games, equipment, etc.) belong to the student community, and to therefore utilize such resources appropriately.
- Report any problems with equipment or the room to the Student Engagement Ambassadors as soon as possible.
- Clean up after yourself before leaving the lounge.
- Be responsible for your actions in accordance with the policies and procedures of the JCCC Student Code of Conduct.
- Student Lounge use and access is a privilege. It may be revoked at any time for violating stated policies as well as general misconduct.