Respiratory Care Application Process
The JCCC respiratory care program is a selective admissions program.
We encourage students to make contact early with the program and maintain that contact throughout the application process.
Things You Need to Know
- You apply to the second year of the curriculum which is referred to as the "clinic year." We give first consideration for this clinic year to applicants who apply and have any non-JCCC transcripts received by October 15.
- There is a secondary deadline of February 15 should positions not be filled during the fall application period for any reason or should offered positions become available at some point during the spring semester.
- It is important that you be familiar with the field of respiratory therapy and the JCCC respiratory care program requirements.
- You are strongly encouraged to do a little homework by visiting with respiratory therapists, doing some respiratory department observation, completing some Internet searching and completing the Career Investigation Questionnaire, etc., to familiarize yourself with the profession.
- Courses during the clinical year require you to consider how well you will be able to manage personally, financially, and socially the demands of a 35-40 hour school week. You need to anticipate the adjustments that might be necessary in having to work fewer hours, arrange for childcare, etc.
Respiratory care students must complete a selective admission application. The deadline is Oct. 15, 2014.