Graduation Application and Deadlines
One Semester Prior to Your Graduation:
- Complete an Application for Graduation Form (PDF) and return it to the Success Center (second floor of the Student Center), mail it to the JCCC Records office, or fax it to 913-469-2300.
- Use the Major Codes List (PDF) to find the 4-digit code for your major.
- If you have changed your name or address, it is critical to submit a Name/Address Change Request Form (PDF) to Admissions prior to applying for graduation.
- All degree or certificate seeking students are required to submit transcripts from all undergraduate colleges and universities attended. These transcripts are required for calculation of GPA for graduation at JCCC regardless of whether or not they satisfy specific course requirements within the student’s program. Transcripts must be complete with no “in progress” courses. Transcripts are usually submitted during the JCCC admission process. You only need to resend these transcripts if additional coursework has been completed.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- June 15 for summer graduation
- October 15 for fall graduation
- February 15 for spring graduation
Graduation Application Deadline Appeal Process
If you have missed the deadline to apply for graduation, you may attempt to appeal the deadline by submitting a Graduation Appeal Form (PDF). This form must be turned in with your late Application for Graduation Form (PDF) and does not take the place of the application form. Print and complete these forms on the Web or pick them up in the Success Center, second floor of Student Center.
Graduation Verification Process
- When an Application for Graduation is received in the Records office, an initial verification will be completed to ensure degree and/or certificate requirements will be satisfied.
- A letter will be sent to the student once the verification is complete. If you do not receive a letter, please contact the Admissions office to verify your mailing address.
- A student's degree and/or certificate status will be recorded on a student's permanent transcript once grades have been posted and a final verification is done to ensure that all graduation requirements have been completed.
Complete Your Degree After Transferring
- JCCC students who transfer to another college prior to completing an associate’s degree may transfer credits back to JCCC to complete their degree.
- Students who have lost their original certificate or diploma may order one duplicate copy at no cost. Complete the Duplicate Diploma form (PDF) and return it to the Records Office.