DegreeCheck is an unofficial audit of your course work to determine whether you are on track for graduation. It matches your academic history against your degree or certificate requirements in the college catalog. The report generated displays requirements that have been met and those that are remaining.
DegreeCheck includes the following features:
- Lists requirements needed to complete your degree and/or certificate based on courses taken or currently in progress.
- Allows you to analyze how courses could apply to different degrees and/or certificates.
- Allows you to view a plan that a counselor has created for you.
- Shows your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information.
- Allows you to see what is needed to meet a desired GPA.
Access to DegreeCheck
- Log in to MyJCCC.
- Select the “EASI” tab.
- Select the “Student and Financial Aid” tab.
- Select DegreeCheck.
- DegreeCheck is updated nightly so changes made will not appear until the next day. Also, your record may have pending changes that require processing such as a change of major or recent transcripts received that need to be evaluated officially and processed.
Contact Counseling and Advising Services to discuss the following information in DegreeCheck:
- To change your major.
- To change from non-degree-seeking to a specific degree or certificate.
- If you are planning to complete more than one degree or certificate at JCCC.
- If transfer course work does not appear to be evaluated as you had anticipated.
- If your information does not appear correctly on DegreeCheck.
- You may also need to contact the Records office if waivers, course substitutions or exceptions do not appear correctly.
- If you have additional questions about DegreeCheck, select the "Contact Us" link or the Student Success Center.