Railroad Program Financial Information and Payment
Tuition must be paid in full four weeks prior to the class start date.
NARS fast track programs are not eligible for federal funding and do not qualify for Pell Grant(s) or any federally funded loan type such as Perkins or Stafford loan. We encourage individuals to use alternative resources or personal lending institutions.
- Lenders will require personal financial information as well as perform credit checks.
- The lender may require a co-signer if the applicant is not currently employed or has minimal credit.
Please note, although applicants may be notified within 24 to 48 hours of their approval status, actual loan processing may require two to four weeks prior to final disbursement. Full payment must be received by JCCC two weeks before the start date of each class.
Payment options for tuition and any additional fees include:
- Credit Card
- Private loan
- Undergraduate, alternative loan (obtained by applying and qualifying via bank and/or lending institute)
- Local WIA Office-Federal funds which have been allocated for individuals who have been laid off work and eligible for retraining)
- Personal savings
- Tuition Payment Plan
The JCCC business office accepts cash, checks payable to JCCC, cashiers' checks, money orders, American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard.
Payment can be made by:
- U.S. mail (if enrolled prior to the payment deadline)
- Our website at www.jccc.edu using checks, credit or debit cards
- In-person at the business office, GEB 115, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- After hours depositories at GEB 115 and the Student Success Center, second floor Student Center.
The JCCC Veteran Services staff is available to assist you in using your VA education benefits, to assist in referral to other JCCC or VA resources, and to facilitate the JCCC Veterans Club.
Third Party Payments
Authorization from employers, government agencies or the military are acceptable forms of payment. The third party office is not a resource for providing sponsor contacts. You can consult the government blue pages in your local directory.
Authorizations must be received by the JCCC third party office on or before the payment deadline to hold classes.
Some sponsors require an academic counselor's signature and/or cost estimates prior to issuing an authorization. Detailed cost estimates and academic signatures are provided by the NARS Director's office. If your third party does not authorize and pay the full amount, you are responsible for any remaining balance.
It may take several weeks from the time the initial paperwork has been submitted to the third-party sponsor until final authorization is granted. Please allow the necessary time before the railroad program's start date. Fully completed authorization must be received by the Third Party office before or on your first day of class.
Additional costs for assessments, testing and equipment not provided by JCCC cannot be billed to your sponsor.
If the student cancels registration through the first day of class, a full refund will be issued. If the student cancels registration on the second day of class, an 80 percent refund will be issued. No refund will be issued after the second day of class without the submission of a written appeal (and approval by) the vice president of Student Services, documenting the extenuating circumstances.