Railroad Conductor Training Program Application and Enrollment
Before pursuing a career with the railroad, you should meet the eligibility criteria and possess the attributes required of a railroad worker. This is not an employment opportunity. This is strictly an educational opportunity.
Requirements and Mandatory Eligibility Criteria
- Mandatory Eligibility Requirements – informational reference for those seeking a career in the railroad industry.
- Attributes – successful railroad workers should be willing and able to complete six weeks of full-time training without interruption at the National Academy of Railroad Sciences located on the Johnson County Community College campus in Overland Park, Kan.
- You must pass a hearing and vision test. Your acceptance letter will provide more information on these tests.
To enroll in the conductor training program, please complete the program application.
- Fast Track Conductor Training Online Admissions Application
- Conductor AAS Degree Application Process – JCCC steps to enroll
Once your application has been processed by the JCCC Admissions office, the NARS administrative office will send you paperwork to complete your enrollment. Please complete and return the acceptance form portion of the documents and fax the form to 913-469-2524.
If limited space is exceeded with confirmed applicants, you will be notified and invited to attend on the next start date.