Strategic Plan - 2009 to present
In 2008-2009, Johnson County Community College involved hundreds of faculty, staff, students and community members in the creation of new vision, mission and values statements and the development of a new strategic plan for the college. Adopted by the JCCC board of trustees in May 2009, this new strategic plan was never intended to remain stagnate. As the community changes, the plan needs to evolve to reflect and capitalize on those changes.
The Strategic Planning task force is in the process of revising and updating the college's strategic plan.
JCCC’s strategic goals
I. We will inspire successful learning
- We will engage learners at the personal level.
- We will prepare our learners to apply what is learned.
- We will support our learners ardently and intentionally.
- We will deliver learning programs and services at the highest level of quality.
- We will constantly assess learning to meet our student learning outcome expectations.
II. We will innovate
- We will question the status quo.
- We will practice strategic risk-taking.
- We will focus resources to reward those who find creative ways to address learning needs.
- We will capitalize on diversity in building partnerships.
III. We will lead
- We will reward our faculty for their teaching and impact on student success.
- We will recognize our staff for their dedication to learner support and customer relations.
- We will champion policies and initiatives that are recognized locally, regionally and nationally.
- We will educate and inspire future leaders.
IV. We will engage in quality operations
- We will be model planners.
- We will be intentional in moving from idea to action.
- We will require that data and evidence be an essential part of our decision-making.
- We will continually strive to improve the caliber of what we do.