Learn computing at JCCC
JCCC offers an associate of applied science degree in information systems. This 69-credit-hour program prepares professionals with skills that are applicable to different hardware platforms. It emphasizes practical experience and currency, so the program has much to offer current information systems professionals who wish to upgrade or broaden their knowledge of the field.
Certificate programs are also offered, designed for workers seeking to advance in their career or looking for a career change:
- The 29-credit-hour web developer advanced certificate is for the computer professional who wants to acquire skills to enable clients to interface with online databases.
- The 32-credit-hour microcomputer programmer/analyst certificate provides a foundation in skills needed to analyze business problems and develop software solutions using current industry-standard development tools.
- The 32-credit-hour database certificate prepares students to be database specialists with knowledge of database concepts, products and technologies.
Applications certificates are also available. These encourage students to develop a "cross-platform" mastery, made possible by offering most on-campus courses in a dual-platform Macintosh and Windows computing environment. The certificates give an employer tangible evidence of software skills and competencies. The certificates are:
- An 11-credit-hour personal computer applications specialist certificate
- A 14-credit-hour desktop publishing specialist certificate
- A 14-credit-hour web applications certificate
For more information about the computer information systems program at JCCC, contact 913-468-8500, ext. 3685, or firstname.lastname@example.org.