These events range from performing arts events hosted by our office, to rental clients needing space for high school graduations or arts education shows for area schools. Events range in size, time of day and fluctuate in frequency throughout the year.
- Volunteers must be confident on stairs and able to read small ticket print in dim lighting.
- Volunteers are responsible for assisting large crowds in case of emergency evacuation of the hall.
- Volunteers remain on duty and alert for the entire event and are not always guaranteed to see a show/event in its entirety. Volunteers are responsible for the needs of the patrons assigned to their area. All volunteers stay after the event to help clean up.
- Volunteer must complete training prior to volunteering for an event.
We request new volunteers work at least four events during their first volunteer season, and complete six hours per semester to stay active.
Events range in size, time of day, and fluctuate in frequency throughout the year.
How to Volunteer With Us
- Complete your online application.
- Once you complete your online application, you will receive an automatically-generated email confirming your "applicant" status. Our next new volunteer training is scheduled for Saturday, January 4, 2014, 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Please save the date; we will follow up with more details with applicants as we approach the training date.
- After you complete training, new volunteers will shadow a current volunteer until you feel comfortable and understand the information on your own. For more information, email Christina Wright, Performing Arts events manager, or call her at 913-469-8500, ext. 3674.