Performing Arts Series Arts Education
Make Reservations! (PDF)
A Community Resource for Arts Education
Performing Arts Series (PAS) Arts Education offers programs for all ages that engage, explore and inspire! These include daytime performances for schools and community, interactive workshops, master classes and offsite artist visits with world-class performers.
Nurture lifelong learning, imagination and develop critical thinking. Make reservations for multiple programs or call 913-469-8500, ext. 4221, for more information.
Call 913-469-4445 to purchase $5 tickets.
Connect students with curriculum standards with these hour-long performances. Enhance the live performance experience with online study guides.
- Janet’s Planet: Tour of the Solar System and Exploring Microgravity | Oct. 2
- A Light in the Dark (Helen Keller CONNECTIONS Program) Thodos Dance Chicago | Nov. 6 (off-site) and 7
- The Math Maniac Show | Dec. 3
- La Maleta (The Suitcase) – Adventures of a 10-year-old refugee | March 3
- The Merchant of Venice, Heart of America Shakespeare Festival | March 26
Education Paired with the Performing Arts Series
Bring professional, world-class artists to your site for performances, master classes and/or workshops for students and adults – then see them perform in Yardley Hall.
To arrange these activities, email Angel Mercier, Arts Education program director, or call her at 913-469-8500 ext. 4221.
- Kelley Hunt, songwriting workshops | Aug. 21-22
- Kevin Spencer – The Healing Art of Magic | Oct. 22-23
- Ben Sollee, cello master class | Oct. 27
- Imani Winds and Harlem Quartet, music master class | Nov. 1
- Thodos Dance Chicago, dance master class | Nov. 8
- Julian Sands, actor Q&A | Dec. 5
- Spirit of the Mask and Sounds of the Sub-Saharan | January and February
- Voice, vocal workshops | Feb. 12-13
- Cherish the Ladies, vocal master class | March 21
Public performance tickets to these and many more artists are on sale now! Call 913-469-4445 or buy online. No online fees!
Professional Development for Teachers
To arrange these activities, email Angel Mercier, Arts Education program director, or call her at 913-469-8500, ext. 4221.
- Kansas Alliance for the Arts in Education, Professional Development Conference | Sept. 20
- New Dance Partners – The Ultimate Collaboration | Sept. 22-25
- Janet Ivey - Science and Media Arts | Oct. 2
- Brandon Draper – The Drum Safari | 913-469-8500, ext. 4221, to request date
Festivals and Special Programs 2014-2015
For more information, email Angel Mercier, Arts Education program director, or call her at 913-469-8500, ext. 4221.
- Overture - Introduction to Chamber Music Camp | June 16-19
- Heartland Chamber Music Festivals | July 17-20 and July 25-Aug. 2
- New Dance Partners – The Ultimate Collaboration | Sept. 22-27
- DiverSIdad: Engaging Our Hispanic Students from Prospect to Graduate | Sept. 19
Thank you for keeping the Arts in Education!
We would also like to thank: BNSF Railway, Francis Family Foundation, Victor and Caroline Schutte Foundation, Bank of America and Yellow Freight System Inc.