Performing Arts Series Arts Education
A Community Resource for Arts Education
Performing Arts Series (PAS) Arts Education offers programs for all ages that engage, explore and inspire! These include daytime performances for schools and community, interactive workshops, master classes and offsite artist visits with world-class performers.
Nurture lifelong learning, imagination and develop critical thinking. Make reservations for multiple programs or call 913-469-8500, ext. 4221, for more information.
Call 913-469-4445 to purchase $5 tickets.
Connect students with curriculum standards with these hour-long performances. Enhance the live performance experience with online study guides.
- Johnny Appleseed – A Theatre IV Grand Production | Oct. 2 | 9:45 a.m. and Noon | Yardley Hall
- Let’s Go Science Show | Nov. 20 | 9:45 a.m. (K-3) and Noon (gr. 4-8) | Yardley Hall
- The Ugly Duckling and The Tortoise and the Hare | Feb. 6, 2014 | 9:45 a.m. and Noon | Yardley Hall
- The American Place Theatre’s Literature to Life® Stage Presentation of The Giver By Lois Lowry | April 1 | 9:45-11:15 a.m. | Polsky Theatre
- Diavolo, Transit Space | April 25, 2014 | Noon | Yardley Hall
Education Paired with the Performing Arts Series
Bring professional, world-class artists to your site for performances, master classes and/or workshops for students and adults – then see them perform in Yardley Hall.
To arrange these activities, email Angel Mercier, Arts Education program director, or call her at 913-469-8500 ext. 4221.
Public performance tickets, 913-469-4445 or Buy Online (no online fees!)
- Miami String Quartet | Chamber music clinics, July 30 | Public performance, 7 p.m., Wed., July 31
- Nelson Escalante, internationally-known artist | Sept. 18 | Demonstration/Lecture
Sept. 18-Oct. 18 | Exhibit
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek, Turkish composer and musician | Workshops - Part of Caravanserai, supported by the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art | Thurs., Sept. 26
- Bach Aria Soloists, Zarabande, Music from the Spanish Baroque and Beyond | Lecture demonstration, Oct. 10 | Public performance, 8 p.m., Fri, Oct. 11
- Orchester Jakobsplatz München | Conductor’s Talk, 2 p.m., Sun., Oct. 20 | Public performance, 7 p.m. Sun., Oct. 20
- Shanghai Ballet, The Butterfly Lovers | Open Rehearsal, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Thurs., Nov. 7 | Public performance, 7:30 p.m., Thurs., Nov. 7
- Wild Kingdom with Peter Gros | Public performance, 7 p.m., Sun., Nov. 10
- Beyond Glory with Stephen Lang | Classroom discussion, 3 p.m., Fri., Nov. 15 | Public performance, 8 p.m., Fri., Nov. 15
- Jazz Winterlude | Clinics for high-school jazz bands, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Fri., Jan. 24 | Performances Fri eve, Jan. 24 plus all day Sat., Jan. 25, 2014
- Ballet Memphis, Wizard of Oz | Master class with advanced ballet dancers, Jan. 31 | Public performances, 8 p.m., Jan 31 and Feb. 1, 2014
Professional Development for Teachers
To arrange these activities, email Angel Mercier, Arts Education program director, or call her at 913-469-8500, ext. 4221.
- Owen/Cox Dance Group – Modern Dance for Physical Educators | Nov. 8
- The Drum Safari – Cultural Diversity, Geography, Interactive Drumming | Feb. 17-21 and 24-28, 2014 (available dates)
- The American Place Theatre – Training through Innovative Drama-in-Education Strategies | April 1
- RESERVATIONS ARE FULL! Ayşenur Kolivar - Turkish Folk Songstress at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16. No additional reservations can be taken for the Wednesday night event.
Download our professional development brochure (PDF) for more information.
Festivals and Special Programs 2013-2014
For more information, email Angel Mercier, Arts Education program director, or call her at 913-469-8500, ext. 4221.
- New Dance Partners, Dance Festival | Sept. 27 – 28
- Hispanic Heritage Month | Sept. 15 – Oct. 15
- Jazz Winterlude Festival | Jan. 24 & 25, 2014
- Heartland Chamber Music Festival | July 25-Aug. 2, 2014
- Overture - Introduction to Chamber Music Camp | June 16-19, 2014
Thanks to Bank of America, BNSF Railway, Francis Family Foundation, Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission, Victor and Caroline Schutte Foundation, Target and Yellow Corporation.