The JCCC Arts Education program is pleased to present a wide variety of events for students, teachers and community members.
We offer youth performances that cultivate future audiences, learning opportunities to impact teaching practices and artist master classes connecting you directly with visiting artists. Our productions are professional touring companies.
- Cultivates WONDER
- Supports teachers by expanding classroom pedagogy to reach all learners
- Promotes creativity as a practical, transferable and empowering skill
- Provides equitable access to high quality and lifelong learning experiences in the arts, both in the school and in the community
The Arts Education program recently partnered with the cosmosphere and fifth-graders from Bentwood Elementary for a STEAM project. Exploring the forces of flight while using 21st century skills, students tested their physics knowledge by designing helicopters and kites.
We look forward to introducing your students and your family to the transformational power of the arts!
Special thanks to our funders for their support:
- Bank of America
- BNSF Railway
- Francis Family Foundation
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Partners in Education program
- Kansas Alliance for the Arts in Education
- Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Victor and Caroline Schutte Foundation
- Yellow Freight System Inc.