How to Apply - Paralegal Program
The Paralegal program is a selective admission program. You must meet the admission criteria before applying. If you have applied before and were not selected, you must reapply.
Download the information packet for complete details.
Prospective paralegal students must complete these two applications:
- JCCC Application for Admission - The application is the first step in the enrollment process. Because this is a selective admission program, please pay particular attention to the transcript and eligibility requirements. You will also need to follow the application and enrollment steps for JCCC.
- Paralegal information packet and application
In order to be guaranteed consideration for admission to the JCCC Paralegal program, all application materials must be received in the Admissions office on or before the following dates:
To begin during fall semester -- April 1
Applications received later than these dates will not be guaranteed consideration. Therefore, it would be beneficial to submit all required documentation as soon as possible.
Submission of Application Materials
The following materials must be submitted by the deadline date:
- Admission application (Previous paralegal applicants must submit a new application.)
- Official copies of all high school and college transcripts.
- You must ask each school you attended to forward your official transcripts directly to the JCCC Admissions office.
- If you have been out of high school more than five years, a high school transcript is not needed.
- If you have not attended JCCC for more than one year, you must reorder a transcript from each school attended.
- GED scores, if you are not a high school graduate.
- Watson-Glaser test score
- Academic Criteria Assessment Form
Materials can be mailed to:
Johnson County Community College
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299
Verification of Receipt
You will receive a letter verifying receipt of materials in the Admissions office. In order to notify you of your file status, we strongly recommend that all materials be submitted well in advance of the deadline date. Please call the Admissions office at 913-269-8500 ext. 3679 or ext. 3438 if you have questions.
Review of application
Your application for admission will be reviewed only after all of your application materials have been received. You will be notified by mail as to whether or not you have successfully met the academic criteria.
Applicants who successfully meet the minimum academic criteria will be scheduled for an informational interview with the paralegal instructors.
Acknowledgement of Acceptance
If you are offered a place in the Paralegal program, you will have ten (10) working days to accept or deny the position. To acknowledge acceptance, you will be required to return a confirmation letter.
All questions concerning the admission process should be directed to admissions.