IV Therapy for LPNs
This three-credit-hour class is for current licensed practical nurses and meets the Kansas requirements for IV therapy certification.
- Johnson County Resident: $264
- Kansas Resident: $309
- Out-of State Resident: $618
Most of these you may already have if you're coming straight from the LPN program. The main difference is the Personal Professional Liability insurance.
- Student Professional Liability Insurance - $16
- Personal Professional Liability Insurance - Cost varies
(If your current employer does not provide this, you may find resources in the back of medical journals and magazines usually found in most doctors' offices.)
- Student Drug Screening - $21
- CPR for Health Care Providers Certification (if you don't already have it) - $60, available from JCCC's Continuing Education division
- Books - approx. $100
Select "AVHO", then select AVHO 115.
- TB skin test or negative chest x-ray (More information about this requirement is available at orientation.)
How it Works
- Enroll in AVHO 115
Important: If you are not a current student, or if you have not taken classes at JCCC in the last two years, you will need to follow the Steps to Enroll for Credit Classes.
- Classes meet at Olathe Health Education Center - OHEC
- You will practice skills in the lab setting as well as the hospital setting. Your instructor will determine the clinical days.
First Day of Class
On the first day of class you must have the following:
- Proof of student professional liability insurance
- Proof of personal professional liability insurance
- Copy of current CPR for health care providers certification card
- Copy of current TB skin test (within the last year) or negative chest x-ray
- Copy of current Kansas practical nursing license. You can get this from the Kansas State Board of Nursing.