Online - CNA Program
The application process and requirements and extra supplies are all the same as for classroom students. Lab and clinical day locations are also the same. The online option differs in the following ways:
- Online classes use the ANGEL distance learning management system. This is Web-based and you must be computer literate and have access to a computer.
- As a JCCC student, you may use the computer labs on the JCCC campus. Available labs for this course are OCB 304 and LIB 120 in the Billington Library (lab hours, campus map). Computers are also available on the Olathe Health Education Center campus, but you should call to check for availability - 913-469-2350.
- Orientation schedule - this orientation is required.
- For technical information about online courses and how they work, see Distance Learning.
- For technical support issues, you may contact the Help Desk.
- If you stop participating or do not complete the course, you still remain officially enrolled and will be given a course grade of "fail." You will not be reimbursed. You may drop yourself from the course through MyJCCC. Contact the registration office to inquire about withdrawal procedures - 913-469-3803.
How it Works
- Computer work for each week must be done before Lab Skills Day at the Olathe Health Education Center.
- If computer work is not complete, you will not be allowed into the class.
- You must attend all labs and clinical days or you will be dropped from the class.
- Make sure you know your MyJCCC username and password prior to orientation day.
- Each class day (depending on which online course you choose) will meet at Olathe Health Education Center or clinical site as directed by your instructor.