KSBDC Business Consulting Services
The Kansas Small Business Development Center at JCCC offers individualized, confidential, and comprehensive consulting at no charge to prospective and existing small business owners in Johnson, Miami, and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
KSBDC staff consultants are skilled small business professionals who have either owned or managed a small business. The KSBDC also accesses a wide variety of independent outside consultants, JCCC faculty, and other business professionals to provide the information you need to make your business successful.
We recommend that aspiring entrepreneurs attend a start-up workshop before beginning the consulting process.
Helping Existing Businesses
The KSBDC works with existing business owners throughout the various stages of business including:
- Startup during the first years in business
- Becoming established through growth and expansion
- Innovation in developing new products and market strategies
- Identifying opportunities such as mergers and acquisitions or selling your business
- Troubleshooting and dealing with downturns
- Planning for the future, including exit planning and retirement
The JCCC KSBDC can help you:
- Develop a business plan
- Analyze financial statements
- Develop cash flow projections
- Prepare for investor presentations
- Explore financing options and sources of capital
- Develop a sales process
- Understand your customer
- Develop a marketing plan
- Incorporate social media into your business
- Understand search engine optimization
- Analyze product cost and pricing
- Determine the feasibility of exporting
- Analyze inventory control procedures
- Buy or sell a business
- Determine the feasibility of government procurement
Aspiring entrepreneurs begin with a start-up workshop.
KSBDC consultants assist small business owners in a variety of ways.