KSBDC Business Consulting Services
The Kansas Small Business Development Center at JCCC offers individualized, confidential, and comprehensive consulting at no charge to prospective and existing small business owners in Johnson, Miami, and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
KSBDC staff consultants are skilled small business professionals who have either owned or managed a small business. The KSBDC also accesses a wide variety of independent outside consultants, JCCC faculty, and other business professionals to provide the information you need to make your business successful.
Some of the specific ways the KSBDC can assist your business include:
Small Business Management
- Developing a business or strategic plan
- Providing professional business analysis
- Discussing exit strategies and succession planning
- Assisting with human resource issues
- Determining the feasibility of exporting
- Analyzing the cost and pricing for a new product
- Determining the feasibility of a new market or second location
- Taking a financial inventory to determine growth potential and capital needs
- Determining the feasibility of government procurement
- Identifying marketing strategies
- Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Identifying target market segments
- Understanding the use of social media in small business
- Understanding and using financial statements
- Assisting with the development of cash flow projections
- Identifying profit retention and maximization opportunities
- Exploring financing options and assisting in developing financial plans for banks and investors
Aspiring entrepreneurs begin with a start-up workshop.
KSBDC consultants assist small business owners in a variety of ways.