Distance Learner Admission Requirements for International and Immigrant Students
Following are the admission requirements for distance learner applicants. Distance learner applicants are those who:
- Will not be physically in Kansas while studying at JCCC
- Will enroll in online courses only
- Understand that not all courses they may be interested in can be taken online
- Understand that even courses online may not be available to them as some courses have components that require students to be physically present on campus for brief periods of time.
There is not an admission deadline for distance learner applicants. However, JCCC begins enrolling as early as five months before a semester begins so to be admitted in time to enroll in the class you want, you should apply and satisfy all pre-enrollment requirements early.
Request official transcripts be mailed directly from each and every secondary/high school and college/university school to:
- JCCC Admission Office
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299
- Applicants seeking a degree from JCCC are required to submit transcripts before enrollment will be allowed and official transcripts from all US colleges/universities s/he has attended, by the 20th day of classes of the first semester s/he attends JCCC.
- Applicants intending to have international credits transferred to JCCC should consult with a staff person in the JCCC International and Immigrant Student Services office regarding the process and requirements.
English Language Requirements
- You are not required to be fluent in English to enroll in courses online.
- It depends upon which class you intend to enroll in. If the placement examination is required, you will not be able to enroll, until that requirement is satisfied. Refer to our assessment or placement information for more explanation.
Computer and Web Access
- You need to make sure you have the appropriate operating system required for the class in which you intend to enroll.
Distance Enrollment Assessment
- Complete the Distance Learning Assessment to determine if taking classes online is right for you.
Completing your Application
Refer to the JCCC Admission Process for all status types of international and immigrant students for all status types.