Interior Design Pre-registration
General Pre-registration information:
- You may pre-register via phone, web or in person on the second floor of the Student Center. You will need your student ID number to register.
- Only students who are declared program students may pre-register. To declare a major you need fill out the Change of Major form. You will need the major code which you can find on the Major Codes List. If you are not sure you have declared your major or have questions regarding registration, please stop by GEB 301 or email Bobanne Kalkofen.
- Please use the CRN (5 digit number on the line schedule).
- We encourage you to discuss plans for your course of study with the program director, Bobanne Kalkofen. You may go to the office during scheduled office hours or make an appointment via email.
- Students graduating in spring 2014 should see Jan Cummings to review graduation requirements.
- Spring 2014 graduates need to obtain approval to enroll in ITMD 237 or ITMD 239 Capstone: Portfolio and Presentation. Only students who plan to graduate in fall 2014 or summer 2014 should enroll in this class.
We encourage you to take advantage of pre-registration so you have access to all the courses you want and need to take before they fill up. You can pre-register for Interior and Drafting classes as well as all JCCC classes. Payment deadlines are not earlier for students who pre-enroll for classes.
General information on interiors courses for Spring 2014
Please attempt to take courses in the recommended sequence when possible. If you skip a class in sequence go back and pick it up the following semester. There really is a reason for the order classes are suggested.
- ITMD 121 and DRAF 164 must be completed before enrolling in Space Planning and Design Presentation. In order to graduate in four (4) semesters, ITMD 121 and DRAF 164 must be taken in the first semester.
- ITMD 123 and ITMD 129 must be completed before enrolling in CAD. In order to graduate in four (4) semesters, ITMD 123 and 129 must be taken in the second semester.
- ITMD 127 Floral Design and ITMD 175 Advanced Floral Design are elective courses. Many students take these courses for both career and personal enrichment. The courses do have additional costs for materials.
- ITMD 237 and ITMD 239 should be taken the last semester the student is in school. Please remember to keep all class projects and computer discs for this portfolio class. If in doubt keep it until you are in Capstone! Students seeking multiple degrees should plan on taking capstone the semester they will graduate with the Interior Design AAS degree.
Due to space restrictions and instructor constraints we cannot offer all courses each semester. Please visit the interior design web site to see the typical fall/spring offering options and consider the arrangement as you plan a personal course of study towards your certificate or associates degree. The following classes are only being offered one semester this academic year. This pattern is typical of fall/spring offerings:
Typical Fall-only offerings
Typical Spring-only offerings
ITMD 132 (Offered in the fall as a Learning Community MKT 134/ITMD 132)