Honors Program Requirements
Students wishing to graduate from the honors program will meet the following requirements:
- Complete at least one Honors class. Honors classes available each semester include English Composition I and English Composition II. In addition, Introductory Psychology, Public Speaking, US History to 1877, and US History after 1877 are offered on a yearly basis.
- Complete a total of 4 honors classes and contracts. A contract is a one-credit hour extension of a regular class.
- Present one honors paper or project in a public forum such as the JCCC honors symposium or at a state regional or national conference.
- Complete 1 Honors Forum class (3 credit hours)
- Complete two (2) of the following:
- Interdisciplinary course
- Study abroad
- 20 hours of community service
- Leadership and Civic Engagement course (LEAD 130)
- One additional honors contract, honors class or a second honors forum
- Assume an active leadership role at JCCC (Honors dept. approval required)
- Serve at least one semester as an honors peer mentor
- Meet all requirements to graduate with an associate’s degree and maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA