Honors Admission Requirements
Honors program application (.doc)
Please fill out the application above electronically. Then save it and attach it to an email to Dr. Pat Decker.
Proof of academic excellence is the first step for acceptance into the JCCC honors program. This includes:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or better*
- ACT composite score of 25, SAT composite score of 1800, or equivalent*
- Recent college coursework with a 3.5 GPA
Students seeking admission into the honors program must complete and submit the honors application and interview with the honors program director. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
* In some circumstances, students may be admitted to the honors program on the basis of either their GPA or test scores if both are not available. Students may be admitted on a conditional basis with full admission based on demonstration of academic excellence.
Students who meet criteria for admission to the honors program may participate in one of two ways:
- Join the honors program, agree to complete requirements, and graduate with honors and a degree. This option entitles you to full access to benefits of the honors program.
- Simply enroll in one or more honors contracts. A contract is a one-credit hour extension of a regular course that allows more in-depth investigation of a subject. Sometimes students enroll in contracts for personal enrichment or to expand their expertise in a particular area.