Graphic Design Internship
The Graphic Design Internship (GDES 275) is an opportunity for you to use the skills you learn in JCCC's graphic design program.
If you would like to apply for the internship, you will need to meet the following requirements.
- For spring semester internships, you must have completed the third semester courses GDES 230, GDES 231 and GDES 235.
- For summer and fall semester internships, you must have completed third semester courses GDES 230, GDES 231 and GDES 235, and fourth semester courses GDES 236, GDES 244 and GDES 245.
- Complete the internship application (PDF). Applications are available at the Resource Center preregistration table in April/October or in LIB 310.
- During preregistration advising in April or October, sign your name on the board for the semester you are wishing to enroll in the internship.
- Submit your application to the internship faculty adviser. On your application be sure to include the semester you are wanting the internship, your student ID number and your JCCC stumail address.
- Submit your portfolio in LIB 310 on the Monday following portfolio review.
When you pick up your portfolio on the Monday following portfolio review, please add exceptional work and print production work from previous courses and submit this to Kitty Mostar in LIB 310.
Acceptance and Enrollment
- Acceptance of your internship application is based on a review of your application and portfolio by GDES faculty.
- When accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter and a course waiver to enroll in the class. You must immediately enroll in GDES 275.
- Once you enroll you will be sent a list of the internship sponsors and a cooperative agreement to be signed by you, the internship provider and the faculty designated for GDES 275.
- You will be responsible for arranging interviews with the contact person identified on the internship list you have received.
- When you have been hired, present your internship provider with the cooperative agreement. You and your internship provider should sign the cooperative agreement. Then submit this cooperative agreement to the faculty designated for GDES 275.