Spanish Immersion Retreat 2014
Sponsored by Johnson County Community College and the University of Kansas
March 14-16, 2014
16965 Mo-45 Highway
(Transportation to/from Johnson County Community College and the Heartland Center will be provided upon request.)
Thanks to Johnson County Community College and the University of Kansas, the total cost of the retreat, which includes five meals, two nights lodging and all activities at the Heartland Center, is only $50 (which is non-refundable).
Space is limited to 24 participants.
Register now - $50 per participant (please register each participant separately)
- Immerse yourself in Spanish throughout the retreat.
- Maintain or improve your fluency with activities at Advanced and Superior ACTFL proficiency levels.
- Meet other Spanish instructors and share ideas on teaching and life in general during informal conversations.
- Read and analyze short stories, essays, and articles by Hispanic authors.
- Watch and discuss a Hispanic movie and/or short videos.
- Listen to Hispanic music and podcasts while enjoying the natural beauty of Heartland's rustic surroundings.
- Sing and play traditional Hispanic games.
- It is possible that non-credit hour learning experience points could be issued by the sponsoring school, contingent on district approval and consistency with the stated goals in the individual teacher's professional development plan.
Again this year we are asking participants to agree to an image/media release. Please print and complete the JCCC media release form (PDF) and bring it with you to the retreat.
For more information e-mail Jim Hillen.