Perkins Loan Counseling
- Perkins Entrance and Exit Counseling - You will need to choose either entrance or exit when you arrive at the Perkins sight to ensure that you have completed the correct counseling, either entrance or exit counseling.
Direct Loan Promissory Note
Direct (Stafford) Loan Entrance Counseling
Direct Stafford Loan entrance counseling is only required one time. Perkins entrance and exit counseling are required annually.
You must complete entrance counseling to receive direct loan (Stafford) funds.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Sign in by inputting your Social Security number, the first two letters of your last name, your date of birth and
your federal student aid PIN. If you've forgotten your PIN, go to www.pin.ed.gov to request a duplicate one or apply for a new PIN.
- Click on the corresponding link to Complete Entrance Counseling.
- Print a copy of your confirmation page for your records. The JCCC Student Financial Aid Office is notified electronically once you complete this counseling online.
Direct (Stafford) Loan Exit Counseling
Go to this National Student Loan Data System for Student (NSLDS) website page, complete the entire process and print a confirmation for your records. An e-mail will be sent to JCCC's Student Financial Aid Office indicating this requirement has been completed.
The Federal Student Aid Exit Guide (PDF) is a good introduction to the terms and conditions of your direct loan.