Financial Aid Information for Transferring Students
Transferring to JCCC
If you've received financial aid at another college and you are transferring to JCCC, you'll need to do the following:
- Cancel all financial aid from your previous school. The school must email the JCCC Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org that your aid has been canceled.
- Contact the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243 or make a correction to your FAFSA online to add the JCCC Title IV school code, which is 008244. If you are adding the JCCC school code online, you must have your federal student aid PIN. If you do not have your PIN, you may request it online.
- Check your student email often to verify what other items the JCCC Financial Aid Office needs for your file. You will be sent another email when you are awarded financial aid. You will need to accept the final awards online.
- Order official copies of transcripts from prior colleges attended and have them sent to JCCC Admissions, Box 41, 12345 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS 66210.
- Notify your lender/loan holder -- if you have already borrowed student loans -- that you are transferring to JCCC.
- Contact the financial aid office at the school you are leaving to identify if anything else is required to close out your file.
If you are planning to retake courses, please view our Financial Aid Repeat Coursework Process
Transferring from JCCC
If you've received financial aid at JCCC and are transferring to another college, you will need to do the following:
- Cancel your financial aid at JCCC by completing the Cancel Aid Request Form. If you provide your transfer school's email address on the form, we will email your future school that your aid has been canceled at JCCC.
- Contact the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243 or make a correction to your FAFSA online to add your new school’s Title IV school code. If you are adding your new school's code online, you must have your federal student aid PIN. If you do not have your PIN, you may request it online.
- Submit a request to Admissions to have your official transcript sent from JCCC to the other school.
- Notify your lender/loan holder.
- Complete exit loan counseling if you have borrowed student loans at JCCC.
- Contact the school to which you are transferring to identify what other information is required for your financial aid file there.