How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Be aware of JCCC’s priority deadline and other important dates.
- Apply for admission to JCCC if you have not enrolled in at least a one-credit-hour class during the past two years at JCCC.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For the FAFSA, you'll need:
- Tax information from the previous tax year
- Records of untaxed income -- such as Social Security
- Information about current assets
- JCCC's Title IV school code, which is 008244
After you have completed the financial aid application process above, refer to the Financial Aid Home page to complete the additional process beginning with the section, Follow-up on Your Application.
Need Help With the FAFSA?
If so, here is a video that will show you the 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA.
Need Help Using the Data Retrieval Tool and Obtaining Tax Information from the IRS?
Refer to the information on our site, Obtaining Your Tax Information.