How to Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid at JCCC, be sure to complete the following instructions and be aware of all of the dates and deadlines that can be found using our financial aid calendar. You must have completed the admission checklist and you must be an admitted student to JCCC before you are considered for financial aid at JCCC.
- Understand the JCCC Terms and Conditions for receiving Federal Student Aid.
- Be aware of JCCC’s priority deadline and other important dates.
- Apply for admission to JCCC if you have not enrolled in at least a one-credit-hour class during the past two years at JCCC.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For the FAFSA, you'll need:
- Tax information from the previous tax year
- Records of untaxed income
- Information about current assets
- JCCC's Title IV school code, which is 008244
After you have completed the financial aid application process above, refer to the Financial Aid Home page to complete the additional process beginning with the section, Follow-up on Your Application.
Need Help with the FAFSA?
If so, here is a video that will show you 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA.
Need Help Using the Data Retrieval Tool and Obtaining Tax Information from the IRS?
Refer to the information on our site, Obtaining Your Tax Information.
Special Circumstances Appeal
If you or an immediate family member has unusual circumstances that affect your financial situation, you may qualify for a special circumstances appeal. Below are examples of these appeals.
- Loss of income due to employment changes, separation or divorce, or death
- You’re a dependent student and your parent is attending college at least half time
Contact us if you have experienced one or more of the circumstances listed above to discuss your options.