Summer 2014 Financial Aid
You must be enrolled in summer classes prior to requesting summer aid. You are also required to have a complete 2013-14 financial aid file to qualify for summer aid. Complete the 2014 Summer Aid Request form and return it the financial aid office. Refer to the form for additional information.
Summer Book Advance Information
The book advance is a way to use part of your awarded financial aid in advance to purchase books at the JCCC Bookstore. It is not additional financial aid, unless you have been awarded a specific book scholarship.
Book Advance Dates
- April 21-Web ordering/reservation opens online at the JCCC Bookstore website. You should reserve books by selecting "Pick Up in Store" or one of the free shipping method options from the drop down menu under "Delivery Method." For payment, select "JCCC Campus Card" (JCCC book advance).
- Student account is the last 8 digits of the 16 digit number on the very bottom of your student ID card.
- April 21-Book rental begins at JCCC Bookstore. Refer to the bookstore website for books that are available for rental and the pricing. Book advances can pay for rental charges starting May 22.
- May 22-If you are eligible to receive a summer book advance, a FB hold will be placed on your account. This FB hold will not prevent you from making changes to your classes. An email will be sent to your JCCC email account indicating you are eligible for a book advance. The book advance will be loaded on your JCCC ID card. You can check the book advance balance on your ID after May 22 by logging into your MyJCCC & selecting the My ID Card tab. The maximum book advance is $1,500 and the minimum is $50, with the exception of certain degree majors.
- May 22-June 7 (Saturday)-Summer book advances available for use at the JCCC Bookstore only.
- May 27-Pre-ordered books can be picked up with the student’s JCCC ID that has the book advance loaded. If your books cost more than your book advance, you will need to pay the remaining difference before you can pick up any of your books.
- June 7-Last day to use book advances. Book advances will expire at close of business on Saturday, June 7 and can no longer be used to purchase books.
If you chose not to use the book advance or have used only a portion of it, the difference plus any remaining financial aid (financial aid minus tuition and fees) will be refunded to you after June 13. You are encouraged to sign-up for direct deposit because direct deposit checks are processed more frequently and deposited immediately into your account without waiting for the mail. Refunds based on late start classes will be disbursed after June 16.
- May 17-Book rental return for Spring 2014 are due on or before this date.
- July 26-Book rental return for Summer 2014 are due on or before this date.
JCCC Book Scholarships
A book scholarship, different from a book advance, awarded through JCCC is loaded on the JCCC ID card and the funds can be used at the JCCC Bookstore only. Awarded book scholarship funds will be available for use once a student's financial aid is disbursed. Any unspent book scholarship funds are not refunded to the student.
Summer Financial Aid Refunds
Financial aid checks will be mailed to your current address on file with JCCC after June 13. If you choose direct deposit, direct deposit refunds will be processed after June 13. Remaining aid based on late start classes will be refunded after June 16.
Check Processing Dates-Paper checks are processed once a week on Fridays and direct deposit checks are processed 4 times a week on Monday through Thursday. We encourage students to sign-up for direct deposit.
Fall 2014 Announcements