The goal of the office of Outcomes Assessment is to assist where asked, to facilitate sharing of successful strategies, to offer suggestions and samples, to provide leadership and oversight, to support evidence-based initiatives, and to glean relevant data from assessment results to meet our internal and external accountability expectations. This focus has resulted in improvements in student learning and engaged faculty throughout our campus in the assessment process. Outcomes Assessment at JCCC continues to improve, evolve and flourish with an engaged faculty.
The assessment process strives to:
- Document and improve student learning.
- Expand faculty involvement and control in assessment.
- Align assessment objectives with existing curriculum.
- Encourage, support and recognize innovation in faculty-driven assessment.
- Analyze and support numerous approaches to meaningful assessment.
- Provide institutional resources and structure to support localized assessment at the department or division level.
JCCC employees may access resources at the Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes site in InfoShare. Resources include the JCCC Assessment Guide Notebook, the application for assessment mini-grants, assessment templates and links to additional information. When prompted, enter your full JCCC employee email address and network/email password.