Discussion: Digital Literacy
- Thursday - March 23, 2017
- 12:30 PM
On Consuming Media: Are You a Literate Digital Citizen?
11 Digital Literacies of the Future: A Conversation About New Media Skills for Today’s Digital Citizen
JCCC presenters include
- Maureen Fitzpatrick, Professor of English
- James Hopper, Professor of Web Development and Digital Media
- Vince Miller, Dean of Academic Support Division
In this era of “fake news” versus the diminishing financial support for well-researched journalism, how do you know what to believe?
Do you know the 11 types of digital literacy you need to be an informed digital citizen?
Topics will include:
● Current definitions of digital literacy
● How digital literacy is changing
● Tools to help in digital fluency
● How to consume and create media responsibly