'Peacebuilding: Redefining Us vs. Them'
- Saturday - November 5, 2016
- 9:00 AM
- Hudson Auditorium, Atrium, RC 101
The 4th annual peacebuilding conference will address how the use of the "other" creates and escalates conflict. One way to build peace is to find common ground, turning "them" into "us." This free conference, open to the public, offers tools to help achieve that inclusive conversion.
The conference begins from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4, at partner institution Park University. That portion of the conference will be held at the PDL Conference Center. Consult the above conference page for a map of the site.
Saturday's activities include a keynote address from Fida Hussain Chang, director of distance education at Sukkur IBA in Sukkur, Pakistan. He earned his doctorate degree in curriculum, instruction and teacher education from Michigan State University and currently researches mathematics education, teacher preparation and contemporary trends in education. The title of his presentation is "Discovering 'Them' in 'Us': The View from Pakistan."
Other session titles include:
- "Unlocking Peace through Humanitarian Aid"
- "Peace Journalism and the Rhetoric of the 2016 Election"
- "The Importance of Peace and Stability to Global Business"
- "Women as a Bridge Between Us and Them"