Dental Hygiene Clinic
JCCC dental hygiene students provide services under the supervision of dentists and registered dental hygienists.
Our students provide only preventive treatment. For a complete diagnosis on treatment needs, you must see your family dentist. If you do not have a family dentist, you may select one from our list of community dentists. At your request we will send diagnostic X-rays to your dentist.
- Blood pressure screening
- Oral examination
- X-rays (only as needed)
- Teeth scaled and polished
- Fluoride treatment
- Nutritional counseling
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Other selected services, including sealants
Who We Treat
- The clinic serves JCCC students, faculty, community members and their children. If you have a special dental or medical condition (such as heart disease, hepatitis, high blood pressure), we may need a written statement from your physician before we can treat you.
- We begin treating children at age 4. If you have school-age children, one of our staff dentists can sign their dental cards if they do not need additional treatment. The majority of children are seen in the clinic during the spring semester.
The charge is $10 (cash or check), which covers all services.
- We start taking names at the beginning of each semester.
- Fill out the Dental Hygiene Appointment Request form (PDF, clicking "submit" emails the form), or call 913-469-3808 if you would like to put your name on the list.
- The first visit usually takes 3.5 hours. Appointments are time consuming because students are being supervised and evaluated by faculty. It is often necessary to schedule additional appointments to complete your treatment.
- Appointments are limited and valuable, so please keep cancellations to a minimum. If you must cancel, give us at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise you may not be eligible for future appointments.