Changes to Classes
- Students are responsible for scheduling their own classes and for being aware of all schedule changes.
- Check your JCCC email account to be aware of changes.
- Many classes are offered with dates that begin after the start of the semester and some finish prior to the end of the semester. You should check the start-date and end-date of each class as you enroll.
- You may enroll in late-start classes until the day before the class begins and payment must be made on the same date that you enroll for these late-start classes.
- The college reserves the right to cancel, combine or change the time, day or location of any class without obligation.
- The college also reserves the right to change the instructor and/or instructional methodology of any class without obligation.
- If a class must be canceled on a specific day because of a professor's absence, and the college has been notified, a blue class-change card will be posted near the assigned classroom.
- In the unlikely event that a professor is late and the class-change card has not been posted, contact the program office, if open. For evening and weekend classes you may contact the Evening/Weekend Administrator Office at 913-469-2510, located in CLB 243.
Class Cancellations Due to Weather
- You can find out if the college is closed because of the weather in one of several ways. Refer to School Closing Due to Weather.
- Sign up to receive a text message about the closing by selecting the TXTJCCC link at the bottom of the college’s home page (www.jccc.edu) and selecting Campus Alerts.
- By registering for classes at Johnson County Community College (JCCC), you agree to assume financial responsibility for all charges billed to your student account. In order to avoid financial responsibility, if you decide not to attend a class, you must officially drop that class within the stated refund periods. Refer to the student financial responsibility statement for additional information.