Enrollment and Fee Payment Dates
Pre-enrollment, open enrollment and payment deadline dates may be viewed in the academic calendar for each semester.
Pre-enrollment dates for spring and fall semesters are early enrollment dates. If you meet one of the following criteria, you may be eligible to pre-enroll:
- If you have applied to graduate in the term in which you are enrolling
- If you are in a specific JCCC career program (excludes liberal arts, general sciences, general studies, and non-degree-seeking students)
- If you have special enrollment needs (ex. students in the Honors program, Access Services, or EAP classes)
- If you are a JCCC employee
- If you are a military service member or veteran (must show military or veteran ID in the Success Center to pre-enroll)
Open enrollment is the period of time when all students are welcome to enroll.
Payment deadline is the date by which all tuition and fees must be paid for the semester of enrollment. Payment is due by 6 p.m. and enrollment will be closed from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the payment deadline date. Enrollment reopens at 9 p.m. on the web.
- Students who wish to enroll in a credit course must do so no later than the first day the course meets.
- No late enrollment will be allowed. JCCC offers many courses that start later in the semester.
- To search for classes that have not begun, use the "Advanced Search" option on the Credit Class Search. Select "Exclude - show open courses only" to display only classes that are still available for registration.
To enroll in a self-paced course, the student must first meet with the instructor to create a plan that will accommodate the student’s goals. The instructor distributes materials, explains the self-paced agreement, and enters an enrollment waiver into the student’s record. During this meeting, the length of time allowed for completion of the self-paced course will be decided. Self-paced courses are offered in a range of time frames from three months up to one year. All work, which includes grading by the instructor, must be completed by the due date recorded in the self-paced agreement.
After obtaining an enrollment waiver from the instructor, the student must enroll in the course on the second floor of the Student Center. Enrollment must occur no later than two weeks from the date the enrollment waiver was issued.
Self-Paced Courses Enrollment Deadlines:
- Fall semester - November 1
- Spring semester - April 1
- Summer session - July 1
Credit hours are transcribed for the semester of initial enrollment, not the semester of completion. For the purpose of enrollment verification, the credit hours are counted only for the semester of initial enrollment in the self-paced course.