To protect your privacy, use your JCCC email account. If you are a prospective student, you may use another email account. However, we can't answer any identifying or specific information using email accounts that are not assigned through JCCC.
Tips for Email Advising
- Email Advising is intended for one or two short questions.
- Describe your content in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Avoid using confidential and sensitive information.
- Use your full name and JCCC ID number in the body of the e-mail, not in the subject line.
- Avoid asking urgent questions through email, use IM Advising if the information is not confidential.
- Provide short, yet specific details necessary to answer the question.
Email your question to email@example.com. Allow up to 1-2 business days for a response.
We can answer these types of questions via email.
- Will HIST 141 fulfill a humanities requirement?
- When can I start enrolling for the fall semester?
- Where do I take my placement test at JCCC?
- Can I drop my classes online?
Due to privacy and complexity of the information, you will need to meet with a counselor in person for the following types of questions.
- What math class did I place into?
- I'm having difficulties with my English teacher, what should I do?
- What do I need to take each semester I'm here in order to graduate in two years?
- Do my credits from another school transfer to JCCC?
- I think I am interested in English, what can I do with a major in that?