Academic Advice We Offer
Information and Advice
We can help you:
- Obtain enrollment tips
- Understand the importance of dates referred to in the academic calendar
- Understand your assessment testing results
- Choose or change a major
- Understand degree requirements
- Understand the basic or gen ed courses needed for the transfer process
- Check your graduation status and degree and certificate options DegreeCheck
- Find course descriptions and prerequisite courses in the catalog
- Learn how to use the class search to build your schedule
- Determine if an online course is right for you
If you have trouble with your classes, grades or are on probation or suspension, we would like to help you. We can also help you with time management.
Tutoring and Academic Resource Centers on Campus
JCCC offers students free tutoring, in a wide variety of subjects in academic resource centers on campus. For subjects not listed on the tutors page, students may always contact their professors or the appropriate department offices to find assistance.
Stay Connected and Get Involved
We offer many opportunities to get involved and connect with others on campus and in other countries. Research shows that students success is related to the time spent with others in the academic environment.
Student Clubs and Organizations - JCCC offers more than 70 student clubs and organizations that cover a wide range of interests. Check out the Center for Student Involvement for student organizations. Visit Student Activities to see the list of events, speakers and movies.
Study Abroad - In today's global economy, studying abroad is becoming essential to success in many different professions.