Making a career decision that integrates the information you have discovered about yourself is key to your success. Investing time and energy to discover your interests is a great place to start!
The Decision-Making Process
- Your career decision-making process is ongoing and lifelong. The Career Development Center can assist you to explore career and life options.
- This action plan checklist to will help you discover the steps for your career success at JCCC.
- An assessment created by Dr. Holland provides a way for you to find the right fit between your interests and the work environments of a particular career field.
- Choices Workshop - Choices Workshop is designed to guide you through the beginning stages of the career decision-making process by introducing you to the services offered by the Career Development Center.
- Discover Your Strengths Workshop (PDF) - You possess many unique talents, the specific ways in which you naturally think, feel and behave. Because your talents represent the best of you, they are your greatest opportunities for success in college, your career and your personal life. Learn how to turn your talents into strengths to capitalize on your own personal success.
Career Assessment Options
- There are many assessment tools designed to help you gather information about your interests, values, skills, personality and strengths. They often provide suggested college majors or career fields tailored for you. The Career Development Center has several no-cost and fee-based career assessments available.
No-Cost Career Assessments
- FOCUS - FOCUS is designed to help you summarize your self-assessed interests, skills, values and personality, and to help you create a record of the different alternative occupations and training programs that appeal to you.
Fee-Based Career Assessments
- Strong Interest Inventory - The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) is an assessment of interests that uses the theory of John Holland's personality types.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assesses your personality type preferences to be compared with type preferences for various occupations.
- Clifton StrengthsFinder 2.0 Talent Assessment - The Clifton StrengthsFinder identifies your most unique talents to help you develop them into strengths for success in college, career and personal life.
- Self-Directed Search - The Self-Directed Search (SDS) will assess and help you find careers that compliment your interests and abilities using the Holland (interest) code.