What questions should I ask a potential employer?
Remember that it is okay to ask a potential employer questions about your internship with that company. The following are questions you may consider asking:
- What percentage of my time will be spent on professional duties?
- What will my typical day be like?
- What kinds of skills will I be able to develop?
- Who will be my supervisor/mentor during my internship?
- May I attend meetings and meet people from other departments?
What Career Programs at JCCC offer internship courses?
Administration of Justice/Law Enforcement
Business Office Technology
Computer Interactive Media
Computer Information Systems
Emergency Medical Science
Journalism and Media Communications
Marketing and Management
How early should I begin planning an internship?
You should be planning at least one semester prior to the semester you wish to do the internship. Some of the best internships require early application procedures, so research on internship opportunities is best if you begin planning two semesters in advance.
Are internships paid?
Many internships are not paid, but some are. The organization providing the internship determines whether or not an intern will be paid.
Internship Job Listings
- Check the rolling boards located around campus, in binders in the Career Development Center and the link to JobLinks on our JobLinks page.