Academic Calendar Spring 2016
JCCC academic calendar spring 2016 semester dates and deadlines including the start of credit classes and college holidays.
2016 Spring Semester Dates and Deadlines
- Spring schedule of classes becomes available on the web.
- Spring pre-enrollment begins at 8 a.m. for students who have applied for spring graduation and for specific career program students (excludes Liberal Arts, General Sciences, General Studies, and non-degree seeking students).
- Open enrollment begins on the web at 9 p.m. for spring classes.
- Enrollment for spring CNA classes (AVHO 102) begins at 8 a.m..
- New and readmitted students are encouraged to apply by this date to ensure enrollment by the start of the spring semester.
- 24-Jan. 1
- Winter break. Classes not in session. College closed.
- Staff on 10-month contract return.
- Staff on 9-month contract return.
- Payment Deadline - 6 p.m. All students enrolling prior to this deadline must pay tuition and fees by 6 p.m. or risk being dropped from classes. Enrollment will be closed from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. for drop for non-payment processing. Payment is due on the date of enrollment for students adding classes after 9 p.m. on Jan. 12.
- Web enrollment reopens at 9 p.m.
- Professional Development Days for faculty. College offices open.
- Credit enrollment for students eligible for the 60+ tuition rate begins at 8 a.m.
- Saturday Extended Hours for Enrollment: Success Center will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Testing Center will be open 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday. Classes not in session. College closed.
- First day of spring 2016 credit classes.
- Late Registration: after these dates, students must be enrolled in a course no later than the first day the course meets.
- Last day to drop a full semester course and receive a 100-percent refund.
- Last day to drop a full semester course without a withdrawal “W” on the student’s permanent record. Deadline is 11 p.m. for drops completed on the web.
- Application deadline to apply for spring graduation.
- Spring Break. Classes not in session. College offices open Monday through Friday.
- Transcripts required from other colleges or schools are due.
- Summer enrollment see the Summer 2016 Academic Calendar.
- Last day to request a pass/fail grade option or to withdraw with a “W” from a full semester course.
- Fall enrollment see the Fall 2016 Academic Calendar.
- Deadline for faculty to submit grade changes for “I” grades assigned in the fall semester.
- Final Exams. (schedule.pdf)
- Saturday classes end.
- Sunday classes end.
- Last day of spring semester.
- Last day for staff on 9-month contract.
- Grades entered online by professors by 5 p.m.
- Grades available to students by noon on the web.
- Last day for staff on 10-month contract.
- Memorial Day Holiday. Classes not in session. College closed.