Tax Credits

Tax Form 1098T Available Online

To view or print your  Form 1098T Tuition Statement, visit our website at and follow the instructions below: 

  • Under the LOGIN tab, select My JCCC and enter your User Name and Password.
  • Select My Finances tab on the top of the page
  • Click on the VIEW button next to the 1098T Statement OR Select eBills tab
  • Select 1098T Statement from the drop down menu
  • Select Tax Year

Web Browser Information
The 1098T form is best viewed through Internet Explorer. If you are using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, the default PDF viewer is often not compatible with the 1098T format. You will need to change your browser plugin settings to use Adobe Reader instead, or follow on-screen prompts to use Adobe or alternate viewer to display the document.

Please contact the Bursar's Office at 913-469-2567 with any questions.

Update Your Tax Information

The information on Form 1098T will help you determine if you or parents of a dependent student may be eligible to take the American Opportunity Credit/Hope Credit or Lifetime Learning Credit to reduce federal income tax.

The college will need the student's correct Social Security Number (SSN), and current tax address. To update your tax information, please complete Form W-9.

Form W-9 (.PDF) is available online or in the Bursar’s Office located in GEB 115.This information is confidential and will only be used for tax reporting purposes.

Please do not email your completed W-9 form.

Please return Form W-9 in-person to the Bursar’s Office or by mail to the following address:

Johnson County Community College
12345 College Blvd.
GEB 115, Box 3
Overland Park KS 66210-1299

Note, providing a change of address on Form W-9 does not update your student mailing and residency address. You will also need to complete a Change of Address Form (.PDF) and return it to Admissions to process.

American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits

The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit are tax credits that may be available to you if you pay higher education costs. A tax credit reduces the amount of income tax you may have to pay. Unlike a deduction, which reduces the amount of income subject to tax, a credit directly reduces the tax itself.

For additional information about the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, consult your tax adviser or request IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education, by contacting the IRS at 800-829-1040.

The link is Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center. JCCC will not provide tax advice.

Pay Tuition

Other Financial Assistance

Contact Bursar Office



Tuition & Payment Deadlines
  • Spring 2015 - Payment deadline is January 13 by 6 p.m.
  • Fall 2014 - Payment is due when you enroll.

    see Tuition and Deadlines
Textbook Costs

Get Your Student ID Card.

View our featured student succes stories.

Steps to Enroll for Credit Classes

Credit Steps to Enroll

e3 Sustainable Office

Sunflower with 8 filled petals

Paying for College

Paying for College: Managing Your Money

AccessReady is a free service to help you plan for college.