Payment Plans for Credit Students
JCCC offers payment plans for Spring, Summer and Fall credit terms.
- Payment plans are available for Spring, Summer and Fall credit terms.
- Partial payments do not automatically enroll you in a payment plan.
- You must select the payment method, pay the $30 non-refundable fee and sign the agreement to be enrolled in the payment plan
- If you have a balance from past terms or semesters, please contact the Bursar office.
- From the Login link at the top of the page select MyFinances.
- Enter your JCCC username and password and select Login.
- Select the Payment Plans tab.
- Select the appropriate term.
- You will need to provide your bank account or credit card information for the plan and it can be changed between payments.
- Note the dates and amounts that will be charged to your bank or credit card electronically
- Check "I Agree".
- After checking that you agree, the screen will show the amount you have just paid and you will receive a confirmation email.
Students may authorize others to view and pay their JCCC bill. Refer to Payment Authorization.
Amount and Due Dates
For the fall and spring terms you can enroll in the three-installment plan through the first week of classes. Plan amounts will be divided equally among the installments. After the first week of classes there is a late-start plan available. A summer credit tuition plan is also available.
Fall and Spring Payment Plan Due Dates
- Fall 2017: August 17, September 15 and October 15.
- Spring: January 15, February 15 and March 15.
Late-start Payment Plan Due Dates
- Fall term: September 15 and October 15.
- Spring term: February 15 and March 15.
Summer Payment Plan Due Dates
- The installments are due on June 1 and July 1.
Payment Plan Tips
- Installments are automatically deducted at 5 a.m. on the dates above. You do not need to initiate a payment on the due date.
- If you add or drop classes, your payment plan will be recalculated the next day. You will receive an email with the new payment schedule. If the next installment is within 10 days of the changes, the next installment will not change.
- If you make a payment or receive financial aid after you enroll in the payment plan, you will receive an email with the new installment amounts.
- Once your payment plan is completed (due to making all three payments, dropping classes or receiving a financial aid award), recalculation will continue until the last plan installment date so new charges will be factored into the plan. Notification will be sent when your plan installments have changed.