Admission Requirements for Any Visa Status Except F-1 and M-1
Most Visa types should use the following information to apply for general admission to JCCC.
For any Visa type except:
- F-1 and M-1
- Transfer F-1 and M-1
- Concurrent F-1 and M-1
- B-1, B-1/B-2, B-2, VWP or F-2
- Temporary protected status (HTTPS)
- Visa waiver
- Border card
- Legal border crossing permission
For Visa Status of B-1, B-1/B-2, B-2, VWP or F-2
- Before applying for admission, review the visa holder B-1, B-1/B-2, B-2, VWP or F-2 requirements.
Deadlines for Admission
There is not an admission deadline for visa applicants. However, JCCC begins enrolling as early as five months before a semester begins so to be admitted in time to enroll in the class, you should apply and satisfy all pre-enrollment requirements early. Refer to the academic calendar to see the enrollment dates for each semester.
Required Status Documentation
Submit the following documents to the JCCC International and Immigrant Student Services office located on the right side of this site.
- I-94 admission/departure
Requirements for Official Documents:
- Copies will not be accepted.
- Your passport must be valid through the end of the semester in which you intend to enroll.
- If passport or I-94 card expires while you are a student, you will need to submit the new, current documents prior to enrollment.
- The expiration on your I-94 card must be valid through the end of the semester in which you intend to enroll.
- All of the above documents are required prior to enrollment.
- Schedule an appointment - Information explaining the process for scheduling an appointment if required, and preparing for a visa interview will be provided with your I-20. As embassies vary regarding requirement for appointments, you should investigate the requirements of the US Embassy you will go to in advance of receiving your I-20.
- Prepare for your Visa Interview.
- If you will be seeking a degree from JCCC you are required to submit transcripts from all US colleges and universities you have attended; by the 20th day of classes of the first semester they attend JCCC.
- If you intend to have international credits transferred to JCCC you are required to speak with a staff person in the International and Immigrant Student Services office regarding the process and requirements.