M-1 Visa Employment Requirements
Employment Information Every M-1 Visa Holder
- M-1 visa holders have a six month maximum limitation on optional practical training (OPT)
- OPT may only be utilized following the completion of a career/professional training or certificate program.
- M-1s may not use OPT prior to certificate/program completion.
- M-1 visa holders are not eligible for employment in the U.S., even on campus.
- M-1 visa holders are not eligible for curricular practical training (CPT).