Status Documentation Submission Pending Residents, Asylum and Refugee
Submit the following documentation to the JCCC International and Immigration Student Services office your current, original documentation of status for review.
Document of Status may include:
- current stamp in passport indicating permanent resident status
- original USCIS receipt of payment for the I-485
- Original USCIS fingerprint or interview letter
- letter from your attorney verifying an I-485 has been filed.
- The applicant is responsible for any or all fees assessed by your attorney should they choose to demonstrate status with a letter from their attorney.
- Attorney letters must specify that an I-35 application for adjustment of status has been submitted to USCIS
- Documentation verifying an I-130, I-140 and/or I-765 application has been submitted to USCIS is not acceptable.
How to prepare and submit the above documents:
- Copies will not be accepted.
- Your passport must be valid through the end of the semester in which you intend to enroll.
- If passport or I-94 card expires while you are a student, you will need to submit the new, current documents prior to enrollment.
- The expiration on your I-94 card must be valid through the end of the semester in which you intend to enroll.
- All of the above documents are required prior to enrollment.
In the future, documentation showing approved or pending USCIS benefits such as I-797 Notices of Action, I-551 passport stamps, green cards, etc. should be submitted to JCCC International and Immigration Student Services office upon receipt as they may beneficially impact your enrollment and/or tuition rates.