Transfer and Transcript Information for International and Immigrant Students
Credits transferred from JCCC to other U.S. colleges-You should make an appointment with an academic counselor to verify that your courses from JCCC will transfer to the degree requirements at another U.S. college or university.
Credits transferred a non-U.S. college to other U.S. colleges-Each college or university will independently determine which study they will accept from another college or university according to their policy and the degree requirements for the college you are sending transfer credits.
Non-U.S. transcript evaluation-If a non-U.S. transcript is evaluated by an agency, it is considered a recommendation only. Effective spring 2014, JCCC will only accept evaluations done by the ECE agency.
- An ECE evaluation is considered only a recommendation.
- An ECE evaluation is not guaranteed to be accepted to satisfy degree or elective requirements. It will depend on the college or university evaluating transfer courses.
- If an agency other than ECE such as EEI or WES or another academic institution evaluated your non-U.S. transcripts, their recommendations will not be considered by JCCC.
- If you had an EEI Course by Course Evaluation with a GPA completed between August 2007 and December 2013 it will be accepted by JCCC as EEI was the exclusive service accepted during that timeframe.
Evaluations required by the state of Kansas-In some instances, evaluation recommendation suggested by agencies other than ECE may be accepted. The state of Kansas requires ECE evaluations for individuals seeking certification or licensure in some fields.
- Cosmetology, esthetician, electrolysis practitioner, and body art practitioner students will be required to have their documents evaluated by ECE. Refer to Transfer of Hours Form on Kansas Board of Cosmetology site.
- CNA students-for the purposes of licensure/certification will be required by the State of Kansas to have their documents evaluated by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
- Nursing students-for the purpose of licensure/certification will be required by the State of Kansas to have their documents evaluated by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
Non-U.S. college courses may be eligible to satisfy JCCC degree requirements-You should consult with the International and Immigrant Student Services office to determine if an evaluation could be beneficial for non-U.S. credits to transfer for JCCC requirements. They will explain the exclusive agency to use as JCCC will only accept evaluations from one evaluation service.
Evaluation of your non-U.S. transcripts by JCCC-JCCC does not evaluate transcripts from non-U.S. institutions for the purpose of recognizing study to satisfy JCCC degree or certificate requirements. However, JCCC will evaluate a current student’s transcripts to determine if what you studied in another country to determine the equivalence in the U.S. when required for an I-20 to be issued or by a JCCC department or the Office of Financial Aid. JCCC evaluates transcripts from non-U.S. institutions only for the purpose of determining what you (if you are a current JCCC student) studied in another country would be equivalent to in the U.S.
- Before requesting an ECE evaluation-consult with the JCCC International and Immigrant Student Services office to determine if an evaluation is beneficial, so that you do not waste your time and money. JCCC will not accept recommendations from any evaluation service other than Education Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- ECE provides information on refunds, fees and additional services.
Four-year colleges and university evaluations-independently evaluate international transcripts. Therefore, verify if evaluation agency recommendations are accepted by four year institutions.
JCCC does not accept evaluations from another U.S. college or university. Only course-by-course ECE evaluations mailed directly to JCCC from ECE will be accepted by JCCC, for the purpose of conducting transfer credit reviews to determine if the credits are eligible for a JCCC program or certificate.
Follow ECE’s instructions to submit evaluation application.
- Request a course-by-course evaluation with a GPA calculation.
- If you want a copy to be sent to you, you will need to pay an additional fee.
- Request the evaluation be mailed directly to JCCC from ECE.
c/o JCCC Office of Admission
12345 College Blvd. Box 49
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299