Career Pathways - Hospitality and Culinary Programs
Interested in a career in the hospitality or culinary profession? Get started early!
For high school students enrolling in:
- Chef Apprenticeship
- Food and Beverage Management
- Hotel and Lodging Management
- Dietary Manager
- Must attend a Hospitality Information session. To sign up for a session, email Ona Ashley, or call her at 913-993-8500 ext. 4160, or email Carol Sparks or call her at 913-469-8500 ext. 3626.
- Submit an Advanced Standing Credit application (PDF) from the Career Pathways department along with a copy of either your ProStart or American Culinary Federation certificate, or your National Restaurant Association (NRA) ServSafe certificate – Manager’s level. The ServSafe certificate can also be in card form.
- Once these steps are completed you are eligible to enroll in hospitality courses*. See a counselor or Ona Ashley.
* If you are enrolling in Professional Cooking 1 and have the ServSafe certificate, you will need to see Ona Ashley or Carol Sparks for an override to get into Professional Cooking 1.