Transcript Evaluation (Articulation) from Other Colleges
- Evaluations will be completed upon receipt of official transcript(s) from other colleges.
- Transcripts received from other colleges for non-degree-seeking students will be evaluated only upon request.
- Non-degree-seeking students must submit a Transcript Evaluation Request Form (PDF) after submitting transcripts to JCCC to the Student Success Center or the Admissions Office.
All transfer credit will be converted to the semester-hour system. All credits earned with an "F" grade or higher will be articulated and calculated in your cumulative G.P.A. Visit the Financial Aid page titled Satisfactory Academic Progress for more information on how transfer coursework can affect students. For Financial Aid purposes:
- Coursework that is currently “In Progress” will be articulated as such at JCCC and will be counted in the student’s attempted hours. The student must request an official transcript be sent once that coursework is completed and a final grade is posted.
- Coursework withdrawn from and graded with a “W”, or similar mark, will be counted in the student’s attempted hours.
- Repeated coursework is also included in the student’s attempted hours. However, only the last grade earned is used to calculate the student’s GPA.
Undergraduate transfer credits will be accepted from colleges and universities holding regional accreditation. Graduate level coursework will not be evaluated. Coursework must have been completed after the year that the institution received accreditation from one of these accrediting bodies:
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Colleges and Schools
- or other institutions approved by JCCC
Email Notification of Evaluation Completion
- Once a transcript has been evaluated, the student will receive an email at his/her JCCC student email address notifying student of the completion of the evaluation.
Use of Transcript Evaluation Records
- JCCC counselors have access to the evaluation information and can review it with you to answer any questions.
- Students may also access their transfer work and print a degree audit by accessing DegreeCheck.
Appeal of Evaluation
Students who wish to appeal the transcript evaluation may submit an appeal in writing to the Admissions Office at the address on this site.