How to Apply - Paralegal Program
The Paralegal Program is a selective admission program.
If you want to become a paralegal, the following steps can set you on your way toward your career path.
You must meet the admission criteria before applying. If you have applied before and were not selected, you must reapply.
Prospective paralegal students must complete a JCCC application for admission. The application is the first step in the enrollment process. Because this is a selective admission program, please pay particular attention to the transcript and eligibility requirements. You will also need to follow the application and enrollment steps for JCCC. When you are asked to declare a major, select "paralegal" and you will be prompted to complete items that are specific to our program.
In order to be guaranteed consideration for admission to the JCCC Paralegal program, all application materials must be received in the Admissions office on or before the following dates:
For preferential admission to the spring semester - October 1.
To begin during the spring semester - December 1.
For preferential admission to the fall semester - April 1.
To begin during the fall semester - July 1.
Applications received later than these dates will not be guaranteed consideration. To make sure that your application is processed in time for admission to the program in the next semester, you should submit your application and complete the prerequisites as soon as possible.
Submission of Application Materials
The following materials must be submitted by the deadline date:
- JCCC Paralegal Program Online Application
- The JCCC online application includes the Paralegal application.
- Previous paralegal applicants must submit a new application.
- Official copies of all high school and college transcripts.
- You must ask each school you attended to forward your official transcripts directly to the JCCC Admissions office. See transcript requirements.
- If you have been out of high school more than five years, a high school transcript is not needed.
- It is not necessary to resubmit previous transcripts as long as there are no changes. Please contact the admissions if you have questions. 913-469-3731
- GED scores, if you are not a high school graduate. See transcript requirements.
- Watson-Glaser test score - If you take the test at JCCC Testing Services, your score will be submitted for you.
Verification of Receipt
You will receive a letter verifying receipt of materials in the Admissions office. In order to notify you of your file status, we strongly recommend that all materials be submitted well in advance of the deadline date. Please call the Admissions office at 913-469-8500 ext. 3679 or ext. 3438 if you have questions.
Review of application
Your application for admission will be reviewed only after all of your application materials have been received. You will be notified by mail as to whether or not you have successfully met the academic criteria.
Applicants who successfully meet the minimum academic criteria will be scheduled for an informational interview with a paralegal instructor.
Acknowledgement of Acceptance
You will receive and email if we offer you a place in the paralegal program. You will have five (5) working days to accept or deny the position by responding to that email.
All questions concerning the admission process should be directed to admissions.