Instructions for International Students in the LPN Program
Special considerations apply for applicants who are education in countries other than the United States.
If you do not have a Social Security number you may not be licensed to work in some states.
International and immigrant students applying for admission to the LPN program must contact JCCC International and Immigrant Student Services about issues related to immigration status, visas, passports, JCCC documentation requirements, regulatory advisement and cultural adjustments.
This program does not meet eligibility requirements for students with an F1 visa.
All applicants must show proficiency in oral and written English if their primary language is not English or if their education was not in English.
English Proficiency Requirement:
One of the following must be met on or before the application deadline.
1. Complete the TOEFL and TSE exams.
Kansas requires a minimum score of 213 on the computerized TOEFL, 550 for the paper and pencil TOEFL, and a minimum score of 50 on the TSE.
Minimum scores for the new TOEFL iBT:
P.O. Box 6154
Princeton, NJ 08541-6154
2. Submit unofficial transcripts from a U.S. college or university documenting:
- Completion of the equivalent of JCCC's ENGL 106 course with a grade of D or better.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours with a grade of D or better.
- Completion of an English language study program.
3. Submit unofficial high school transcripts documenting:
- The completion of one academic year of study in the U.S. with an equivalent GPA of 3.0 or better.