Licensed Practical Nurse: Costs & Financial Aid
In addition to the cost of tuition, the LPN program requires the purchase of equipment and supplies. Financial aid is available for you.
Estimated Expenses for LPN Program
|2016-2017 Estimated Expenses for LPN program, excluding taxes|
|Criminal Background Checks and Urine Drug Screen||$86|
|Physical Exam and Immunizations||$400|
|Tuition - See the tuition web page for rates pertaining to Johnson County, Kansas and out-of-state residents.|
Gait belt: $10
Blood pressure cuff: $25
Tape measure: $4
Scrubs (2 sets): $50
Scrub jacket (JCCC bookstore): $25
Shoes: $75 to $150
Kansas State Licensure : $50
Nursing Pin: $120
|HESI A2 exam||$155|
|Total LPN Program cost (not including tuition)||$2,531|
Costs are approximate and are subject to change based upon Dean/EVPI (Executive Vice President Instruction) Committee’s approval.
- Physical examinations, including immunizations, must be current each year.
- Costs for healthcare are the responsibility of the individual student.
- Plans should be made for childcare costs, if applicable.
- Transportation to and from class and to clinical agencies is the responsibility of the student.
- Visit the financial aid page for general financial aid information.
- Specific program scholarships are only awarded to students enrolled in and actively taking the practical nursing (PN) courses. Students must complete the online scholarship application and complete the FAFSA to be considered for specific practical nursing scholarships. Log in to MyJCCC. Select "My Financial Aid" and complete the scholarship application for the aid year for which you are applying.
- Students anticipating difficulty in financing their education should contact the Financial Aid office, second floor of the Student Center, 913-469-3840, as soon as possible to request application information for student financial aid assistance.
- The Financial Aid Process Checklist (pdf) is a great reference on the process for receiving financial aid at JCCC.
- To check your financial aid requirements and status; log in to MyJCCC and select "My Financial Aid," then select "Requirements."