How to Apply - Practical Nurse Program
The LPN program is a selective admission program.
You must meet the admission criteria before applying. Download the practical nursing program applicant information packet (PDF) for admission criteria. If you have applied before and were not selected, you must reapply as before.
Prospective licensed practical nurse students must complete a JCCC application:
- Go to Apply for Admission.
- Click the "Start an Application" button.
- Whether or not you are a current student, please start a new application.
Current students can select "Already Started an Application" and enter the username and password used for the original application.
- Once you have entered your Personal Information and Previous Education, you will then select "Practical Nurse PT Certificate" for the program selection.
- Then continue entering all other information and submit to complete the application for Spring 2017.
- The LPN application deadline for the full-time day program is March 15 for fall admission.
- The LPN application deadline for the part-time evening/weekend program is Oct. 15 for spring admission.
LPN-RN articulation application
- If you are already a practical nurse with a current license, you may apply for our LPN-RN Articulation (Bridge) Program. Admission to the LPN-RN Articulation Program is on a space-available basis. In the event there are more applicants than spaces available, applicants will be ranked according to ACT and Nursing Program GPA criteria. The application deadline is Jan. 15, 2017.
Applications for admission are evaluated after the application deadlines have passed. An application is considered complete when all required documents are received.
InterviewsAll applicants who have met the requirements and have complete applications, will be scheduled for an interview with program director and a counselor. The interview process will involve review of academic preparation, related healthcare experience, skill development, and personal characteristics relevant to student success in the program.
Final selection will be based upon the following total ranking criteria of each applicant:
- Kaplan scores - 60%
- Interview - 40%
Upon completion of all interviews and ranking, applicants will be notified by certified mail if they have been accepted into the program. Those candidates not initially chosen for positions will be notified of their program status through regular mail.