How to Apply - Practical Nurse Program
The LPN program is a selective admission program.
You must meet the admission criteria before applying. Download the practical nursing program applicant information packet (PDF) for admission criteria. If you have applied before and were not selected, you must reapply as before.
The LPN application deadline for the full-time day program is March 15 for fall admission.
The LPN application deadline for the part-time evening/weekend program is Oct. 15 for spring admission.
Current JCCC students:
- Have your JCCC ID number ready.
- Complete the Fall 2017 LPN application form.
- Print, sign and return the background check form and CNA verification before March 15, 2017 (located in the application form).
- Submit all previous college transcripts before March 15, 2017.
- Sign up and take the Kaplan Assessment Test through the JCCC Testing Services department before March 15, 2017.
- Monitor your Fall 2017 LPN personal admission plan on your MYJCCC account for information on your application status.
New JCCC Students:
- Complete the JCCC application for admission. (Select Non-Degree seeking or Liberal Arts for your major)
- After you receive your JCCC ID number, follow the steps above.
LPN-RN articulation application
- If you are already a practical nurse with a current license, you may apply for our LPN-RN Articulation (Bridge) Program. Admission to the LPN-RN Articulation Program is on a space-available basis. In the event there are more applicants than spaces available, applicants will be ranked according to ACT and Nursing Program GPA criteria. The application deadline is Jan. 15, 2017.
InterviewsAll applicants who have met the requirements and have complete applications, will be scheduled for an interview with program director and a counselor. The interview process will involve review of academic preparation, related healthcare experience, skill development, and personal characteristics relevant to student success in the program.
Final selection will be based upon the following total ranking criteria of each applicant:
- Kaplan scores - 60%
- Interview - 40%
Upon completion of all interviews and ranking, applicants will be notified by certified mail if they have been accepted into the program. Those candidates not initially chosen for positions will be notified of their program status through regular mail.