Application Instructions - Dental Hygiene Program
The Dental Hygiene Program is a selective admission program.
If you want to become a dental hygienist, the following steps can set you on your way toward your career path. Because this is a selective admission program, please pay particular attention to the transcript and eligibility requirements. If you have applied before and were not selected, you must reapply.
The Fall 2018 application period opens at the end of September and closes Dec. 1, 2017.
New JCCC Students:
- Prospective Dental Hygiene students that have not attended JCCC before or it has been more than two years since you last attended, must complete a JCCC application for admission. The application is the first step in the enrollment process, select Non-Degree seeking or Liberal Arts for your major.
- After you receive your JCCC ID number, follow the steps below. It may take 5 business days for your application to be processed, please email email@example.com if you want to apply to the program within 5 days of the posted deadline.
Current JCCC Students:
- Have your JCCC ID number ready.
- Complete the Dental Hygiene Program application. (Application will be available at the end of September)
- Arrange for official transcripts to be sent directly to JCCC from all previous college you have attended. It is not necessary to request JCCC transcripts or transcripts already on file at JCCC.
- Your transcripts must demonstrate a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to be eligible for admission to the program.
- Submit the Disclosure and Consent for Background Check form.
- Submit your completed Academic Criteria form.
- Submit official ACT scores.
- Meet with a JCCC counselor; please request a comment be made in your record.
Monitor your personal admission plan on your MyJCCC account for information on your application status.